Commercial DID Service Payment Policies
Like virtually all low-cost wholesale VoIP providers, we operate on narrow profit margins. As a result, we can only apply the net amount we receive from our payment processor to your account. Depending on the payment method you choose, a variable small fee will be deducted before adding funds to your account. We discount the amount you pay to defray the amount charged to us by our payment processor (PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, etc.). EXAMPLE: If you pay $100 with a Visa card, we deduct the processing fee (usually about 2.9% and apply $97.10 to your account, which is the amount we receive. Following are guidelines for payments depending on the payment method you choose:
PAYPAL FEES: PAYPAL IS OUR PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD
PayPal is universally accepted in the wholesale VoIP industry as the fastest, most secure and easiest method for VoIP providers to do business with each other. Most VoIP carriers/providers do business on a prepayment basis. Therefore, we must pay in advance for the underlying VoIP services purchased by our customers. In other words, when you pay us, we must immediately pay our vendors. When using PayPal, our vendors update our account more quickly than when using credit/debit cards. Most vendors update our account within hours (same as we do for our customers). However, when using all other payment methods, our account balance updates are delayed as much as 5 business days.
Please Note: You can use credit/debit card through your PayPal account by sending funds directly to our PayPal email: [email protected]
- 2.9% deducted from your payment when paying with a USA PayPal account
- 2.9% to 5% deducted from your payment when paying with a USA PayPal account
- 0.0% deducted when using PayPal Mass Pay from a USA PayPal account (you pay 1% up to a maximum of $10 to PayPal from your account
- 2.9% to 6% deducted when paying from a non-USA PayPal account. PayPal deducts a variable fee for non-USA PayPal accounts
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
- 2.9% to 4.0 Percent (estimated fee) for Visa, MasterCard and Discover Cards.
- 4.9% or more deducted when using American Express
ALTERNATE PAYMENT METHODS (YOU PAY FEES DIRECTLY TO YOUR INSTITUTION OR PAYMENT VENDOR)
- MINIMUM PAYMENT OF $500 IS REQUIRED FOR ALTERNATE PAYMENT METHODS
- Customer pays the expense of delivering funds to Voifone. We accept:
- Bank Wires (contact us for wiring instructions)
- Cashier’s Check from USA banks and credit unions
- Cash (contact us for specific instructions
- Western Union, Money Gram and other payment delivery services (contact us for instructions)
EXCEPTIONS TO POLICY FOR CREDITING ACCOUNT WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY
If one or more of our Underlying Carriers is outside the USA banking system, or if they require unusual payment methods or otherwise delay crediting our account on behalf of our customer (you), there may be an additional delay which is outside our control. In all such events, we will use our best efforts to notify you prior to payment or prior to using that ULC, but we cannot guarantee advance notice. Such delays are rare.
PAYMENTS ORIGINATING OUTSIDE THE USA
If you are located outside the USA and/or you are using a payment method (card or PayPal account) outside the USA, we may have to charge higher fees. In all cases, deduct ONLY those fees which are charged to us. We never charge our customers more than the amount which is deducted from your payment by the depositing institution or servivce.